Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Article Marketing - What You Must Do To Make The Reader Want What You Are Offering 2

Q: How do you write an article that makes the reader feel like they must have what you are offering?

A: Simply stated, customers like to do business (spend money) with people they know, like and trust.

Think about the offline merchants you visit on a regular basis. If you are like me, you prefer to deal with merchants that you know, like and trust, and with whom you have a relationship.

The know like and trust factor is even more important online when you are not interacting face to face.

I've been writing and marketing articles since 1994. That's the year I began to write a weekly relationship column for the local newspaper in Tallahassee, Florida. I was a full time marriage and family therapist in private practice at the time. This is when I first discovered the power of know, like and trust.

New clients would call me up and say either on the phone or when we met for the first time -

"I feel like I already know and like you."

This was a direct result of reading my articles each week in the newspaper.

How to do it

1. Write like you talk - Leave the academic language for the professional journals. Write in a conversational style. Write like you talk.

2. Share a bit about you - Do not make the article about you. Do use quick personal stories or examples to make a point.

3. Do what you say you are going to do - Trust is developed when you do what you say you are going to do. Always deliver what you say you are going to deliver in your article title and description.

Use these tips when writing your articles and watch your new and long term customers increase.

And with your permission, I'd like to offer you free access to two of my Article Writing Templates. You can download them by going to http://www.TheArticleGuy.com/bonustemplates.htm

Would you like to get in on our free weekly Article Guy TeleSeminars? Visit http://www.TheArticleGuyTeleSeminars.com to get started today!

From Jeff Herring - The Article Guy and GreatArticleWriting.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home